2021 Registration Discussion Thread

General Tournament Information - Fact Sheets, PGA Players, etc.

2021 Registration Discussion Thread

Postby chairman » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:07 pm

Thank you for considering to volunteer in 2021. We hope that this will be the only year that we are affected in this manner.

In general, our need for staffing this year will be only about one-third of our normal group size; from 450-500 to under 150. Please see our other Bulletin Board posting Tournament Staffing Estimates for 2021 for detailed numbers needed.

Most importantly, we do not want anyone to volunteer who feels that they would be exposed to or accepting any risk. We understand that most of our volunteer group is from an age group that is generally at high risk for COVID-19 complications. We will be following all protocols and procedures designated to us by the PGA, the resort, the State of Hawaii, and the County of Hawaii (more to come regarding this later). If you do not feel that you can comply with the guidelines - you should not volunteer and you will not be allowed to participate if you do not follow guidelines.

In previous years everyone who registered was able to volunteer for the tournament. This year we cannot make that statement. As mentioned above, we will need significantly fewer volunteers. However, we have no idea how many people will want to come this year or will register. We will make every effort to use everyone we can given the constraints we are given. We will chose those volunteers who are registered and have the most experience and the greatest seniority at their positions. Please be patient with us as we go through this process. It may be that some of these staffing decisions are not finalized until January or even just before the tournament. It is also possible that those chosen could have their situation change and be forced to cancel.

"I would like to volunteer for the first time. Do I have any chance of being chosen?" Yes, but I would have to caution and say that the odds are not great. Your availability and willingness to participate in most any group helps.

"I'm a long-time volunteer and my team has been eliminated in 2021. I would still like to volunteer." Please register and let me know your availability and what you would be interested in for this year. Most long-time volunteers Kris & I know well and have a good feel for their capabilities. We will see where we have needs and if you would be interested in helping there.

"I usually Marshal part of the Pro-Am and tournament. Is that possible this year?" No, there will be no Marshal positions for the Pro-Am. The tournament number of Marshals will be greatly reduced (see Tournament Staffing Estimates for 2021 posting for detailed numbers needed) due to no spectators and PGA requirements. For the tournament I will still need a Hole Captain and a few Marshals per hole.
chairman
Site Admin

Return to Tournament Updates